What You'll Learn
Online Classes That Work! is an ideal resource for an instructor preparing to teach his or her first online class, for new faculty or students learning the education process, and for experienced faculty and designers seeking ways to make their classes more engaging and effective.
For the instructor or designer, this book includes
• The learning model for online education;
• Strategies for creating engaging and effective content;
• Techniques for engaging students in the learning process;
• Strategies to engage students in conversations and discussions;
• Techniques to formally and informally assess learning outcomes.
For the administrator and program heads, this book includes
• Strategies to keep courses up to date;
• Techniques to support students in the learning process;
• Strategies to manage faculty;
• Strategies to manage course delivery.
Welcome to the online classroom!
About the Author
Dr. Bill Hettinger is the E-Learning Guru—an author, educator, and speaker on the subject of online education. He is a consultant to colleges and universities, corporate trainers, Fortune 500 companies, nonprofits, and individuals developing online courses. He has designed, created, and taught online and blend courses for numerous colleges and universities and is the founder of Effective E-Learning, where he develops and evaluates online courses and programs, and consults on the use of technology in education and the business of education.
What Others Are Saying
A must read guide to assist instructors and designers in creating and teaching effective online classes.